Monday, January 2, 2012

Just a few things

Today is not a typical Monday. Ross took a few extra days off work, so we've been hanging around in our pjs, curling up to watch movies, playing outside, sword fighting, pretending to shoot webs out of our wrists like Spiderman, doing lots of dog-piling and wrestling, and enjoying our time together before things go back to normal the day after tomorrow. I didn't leave the house once and I even got a hot, relaxing bath in. It was glorious.


On a totally unrelated, but helpful note, one of my favorite sites, The Frugal Girl posted something neat the other day. Her post was entitled A Simple Air Freshener, and it's something I never thought about before. I love scented candles, but apparently, the fumes they put off are really bad for you, and the good ones can be expensive. She suggests boiling a few things, like spices, (in this case, it was an orange peel, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves). What a great way to get your house smelling yummy without harmful fumes entering your lungs, or having to spend a ton on candles!

Or you could just bake some bread or some cookies. Both make your house smell equally delicious! :)

And here is my weekly photo challenge picture:

This is me playing outside today in my monkey pjs. They were the very first gift Ross ever gave me, which happened to be my birthday, not long after we started dating, 6 years ago. The exciting fact about these is that I haven't been able to wear them in years, but was able to put them back on about 4 months ago. Yippee!!!!

A few New Year's resolutions that I thought of for myself:

  • Spend less money on crap
  • Get involved in the MCP Project 12 (an online monthly photo challenge contest, to grow my photography skills
  • Finally learn how to use my sewing machine
  • Connect with and get to know my neighbors more


Happy second day of 2012! 
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)