Sunday, January 22, 2012

"All natural"......right

You've seen the label "all natural" on foods, right? Nowadays it seems to be on everything. All natural chicken, all natural peanut butter, all natural cheese, all natural ice cream (really???), the list goes on. We think that's good when we see that on a product, don't we? It makes us feel better about what we're buying, no matter what it is. I know I do. We think we're getting something real, something healthier than all the processed stuff out there. Well, I've been reading differently. 

Here's a few things I've learned from doing a little reading about "all-natural" foods:


The term "all-natural" can mean anything, the term has no nutritional value, and isn't even regulated by the FDA.



"A "natural" product can be virtually anything -- genetically modified, full of pesticides, made with corn syrup, additives, preservatives and artificial ingredients"


Most all-natural products are heavily processed. 


All natural doesn't mean that all the ingredients are all natural. In fact, usually it's quite the opposite. 


And many, many more facts that are sort of shocking. I'm not here to get on a soap box, but I am here to tell you to please be aware of what you are buying. Look at the ingredients lists and read up on which ones to stay away from. Educate yourself on food products. But don't feel guilty if you buy a pack of hot dogs or lunchables, or even a frozen pizza every now and then. 

With that being said, its time for my weekly menu. This week it's a little different because there are a few extra days in this week's menu (and we have a lot of chicken to use up):

Sunday
Easy dinner night 

Monday
Tilapia with rice in pesto sauce

Tuesday
Spaghetti with local beef and homemade breadsticks

Wednesday
Homemade pizza

Thursday
Chicken Noodle soup

Friday
Pork stir fry

Saturday
We're having some friends over, so I'm cooking chili

Sunday
Fish sandwiches

Monday
Chicken tacos

Tuesday
Cheese & bean quesadillas
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)