Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Shows I love

Since I'm sickly today, not feeling very productive, and haven't done much other than feed my children and make sure they don't kill each other, I wanted to share something that is very important and very dear to me.

My favorite shows of the 2010-2011 season.

This is serious business folks.

Ok, all joking aside, tv is silly and in my opinion, is a huge time suck. It's the epitome of anti-productive. But, I still like to have down-time and escape into the enjoyment of a show or two. So, here are my favorites this year.

Downton Abbey. I have only recently heard about this show, but it is by far my favorite show this year, and maybe one of my top 5 favorites of all time. I was hooked after one episode. There was something that reeled  me in about the characters and made me fall in love with them. And I just love period book, shows, movies. There's something regal about them, and I love to learn about that how life was lived during that time period. The story revolves around the Crawley family and their servants at their estate, Downton Abbey, in England. The series starts out on the day Titanic sunk, and the second season involves WWI. The first season is available for streaming on Netflix and the current season is on the PBS website, if you want to catch it. You won't be disappointed.

The Walking Dead. This is my second favorite. This show is exciting, thrilling, disgusting, eerie, haunting, but captivating all at the same time. To be honest, the first season was way better (in my opinion), but now I have gotten so much into the story line and characters that I am hooked. I don't typically like this type of show/movie/genre, but the story line is just so good. This show is about a group of people and their life after the invasion of zombies. Sounds hokey, but its actually very good. The second half of the season starts next month, and I can't wait!

And this show. Yes, some will argue that it's gone on too long, and maybe it has. But, I love it so. The chemistry between these actors is amazing. They are hilarious, and the way the story is told is unique. The writing is mostly good, quirky, and honestly, I almost love it as much as I love Friends (which holds a special place in my heart!). This show follows the lives of these 5 friends, but is mainly about the main character, Ted, and he telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. I think Marshall (Jason Segal) may be my favorite character, I'm not sure. It's hard to decide.

I really don't have a lot of time to watch tv, and I know you don't either. But if you have any spare minutes in your day(s), try one of these out.

Now I'm going to go lay down and rest before I'm on mommy-duty again. :)


♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)