Thursday, January 12, 2012

Household delights (no, this is not an oxymoron)

"Caring for a house has never been easier---and harder. Easier because we now have so many products and services at our disposal to help clean, organize, maintain, renovate, and repair a home. Yet understanding and using these products and services takes time that we don't often have."

Confession: I am a sucky housekeeper. Sure, I have tools that help me to be a better housekeeper. But, I still have to work at it. I am not a naturally "like-things-to-be-clean" person, and I have no idea how to organize, which is why I always have to seek outside resources for help. My biggest desire is to best take care of what has been entrusted to me, my husband, my kiddos, and my house. And I need lots of help, people. I'm always reading books on how to organize, how to cook, how to parent, how to best love my husband, how to teach my kids, because, let's face it. I really don't know that much. Whenever I think I do, God shows me every time that He is the only one who has all wisdom. I am grateful for this. So, while I haven't even come close to having it all figured out, I do like to gain as much knowledge and wisdom as I can. But, I have to be discerning about what I read. I don't read just any ole thing. With that being said, I got a few books from the library that I'm super excited about reading.

Do you struggle like I do? I really do think we can gain wisdom on these things, we just have to look for it. And we don't have to be burned out on it either. We can find joy in learning about and doing these every day things! Crazy, right?

The quote above is from one of the books I got from the library. This book:

And here's the other:




It's one thing to read a bunch of information, but another to put it into practice. What is the point of just reading to gain knowledge? In my opinion, it only works best if you use the information you were given and share it with others. My goal is to pick one thing from each book to try this next week. You might even see it on next week's Duties to Delights Challenge. 

Who wants to try something new with me?

♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)