Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bread storage

I love baking bread. Well, I love the idea of it. It's healthier, cheaper and tastes way more delicious than store bought bread. But I must confess that I don't really love making it, mostly because it's messy and takes half a day. While I don't love the process of making the bread, the end result far outweighs my dislike in making it. I'm always glad it's done when I pull those delicious smelling loaves out of the oven.

I've been making my own bread for quite some time and I've been trying to think of a more environmentally friendly way to store my bread. I normally just buy the plastic zipper gallon ziplock storage bags and reuse them until they're no longer reusable. It's not my first choice, but it works and it's cheap.

I was looking online today for bread boxes and came across this:

It's a reusable bread bag, that's machine washable. How did I not know these existed? That shows you how well versed I am in the ways of baking. I think I just might have to save up to get a few of these, as I also need something for flour storage. 

What about you seasoned bakers out there? How do you store your bread and flour?

♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)