Monday, January 23, 2012

Me and food

Something has come to my attention recently. I have not done super great with watching what I'm eating lately. I mean, I haven't started sneaking bon bons in the middle of the night or anything, but I've definitely become lax and have been eating way too much white sugar. Yes, I'm still exercising and running 4-5 times a week. I've even added an extra 20 minutes to my gym routine to get more weight training in (and I've been doing some cross-training with the Crossramp too, which I L.O.V.E). But, I'm feeling the effects of my non-self-controlled-eating so much lately. In order to combat this, I'm going to have to do 2 things:

1) start writing down everything I'm eating during the day (just to keep up with it and to try to cut out all the snacking)
2) cut out white sugar altogether for the next 30 days (gasp! This one will be really hard because I've been baking some lately, and I found that it's something that I really enjoy)

Just to clarify, I am not a calorie counter. It's just not for me. It's stressful and sets me up for failure, which makes me feel bad about myself every time I eat a brownie or anything sweet. But, I need to regain some self control and some perspective. So, here it goes! Wish me luck.

On another note, (and totally opposite to what I just posted) Jude and Ezra's birthdays are coming up next month and I am going to make their cake again this year. Last year I did a boxed cake mix, but I think I'm going to go all homemade this year. I got this recipe from the Pioneer Woman today and I really want to try it as their cake. Look how pretty it is!


Yum!! It's like a cookie cake with a marshmallowy frosting and fruit on top. My mouth is watering. I want some now!

Oh wait. I just said I'd wait 30 days before eating white sugar. Darn!

♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)