Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Homemade pizza and menu time

I know you see a lot of homemade pizza on my menu lists. There are some nights I just don't feel like cooking a real meal. Easy and quick dinner nights are always my favorite, but easy usually means buying something frozen, already prepared, processed or has 450 ingredients. When I discovered homemade pizza, I was in love.

Now, pizza in any form isn't the healthiest thing ever, I mean, it is cheese, after all. But, making it myself means I know exactly what goes in it, and honestly, I think it tastes much better than frozen pizza, and it's cheaper than take-out pizza. I use a yeastless pizza crust recipe, or you could use a yeast crust recipe. There are so many pizza crust recipes out there, you can look one up and take your pick. And you can essentially put any toppings you want on there to make it a little more healthy. Sometimes we do green pepper, sometimes tomatoes, sometimes spinach, whatever we are feeling that night. The possibilities are limitless.

You can find the recipe HERE.

And here is our weekly menu plan:

Tuesday
Chicken and cheese quesadillas

Wednesday
grilled cheese and hot dogs

Thursday
Pork stir fry over rice (bumped from last week)

Friday
Chicken tacos

Saturday
Baked chicken breasts with roasted cabbage wedges

Sunday
Homemade veggie pizza (Superbowl night, DUH! I have no idea what we are doing this night...we may be celebrating with friends and if so, this will get scrapped)

Monday
Crockpot lasagna

Tuesday
Grilled chicken wraps with roasted potatoes and spinach salad

Wednesday
Homemade pizza rolls
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)