Now is one of those times.
It's time to set some new goals. I like goals, they're good for me. If I don't have something to work toward, then there's no focus or organization in my life, things don't get done, it's utter chaos, I tell you. Ok, not chaos really, but I don't like it. That's one of the reasons I didn't do a duties to delights challenge this week. I didn't plan one, therefore it didn't get done.
So, in order to bring some order to things, I thought about it and prayed and these are the things I've come up with that need my attention in the next week:
- Our daily schedule. This needs some serious attention. I'm definitely not a super structured person (and am not militant in any way about sticking to a strict schedule), but I desperately need some sort of order to my day. We haven't been doing our learning time, focused play time, reading our Bible, or doing much of anything other than watching a lot of Dora and doing a lot of sibling bickering. NOT working for us (or for me. Refereeing is exhausting).
- Read our Bible story every day. I know I should be doing this already, but I've been super lax about it.
- Plan some activities for us to do during our learning/play time. I have this really great book that a friend gave me for Christmas that I want to get some fun things from. I'll share the book and the activities in another post.
- Cook my husband a meatloaf (or at least attempt to) for Valentine's day. I have no idea how this is going to turn out. I'm a little nervous, to be honest!
- Do some planning for future blog/duties to delights challenge posts. I need to be more intentional about this. Most of the time I just sit down and write whatever is on my mind. Which works sometimes and other times it doesn't.
- Get well and try not to get sick again for a whole week. Ok, I know I don't really have much control over this, but I hope we can accomplish it anyway!
- Less tv time this week. My kids don't watch a ton of tv anyway, but if I'm not intentional (and mindful) about turning it off, more will get watched than I'd like. So, we're unplugging more this week and plan on playing, reading, singing, and snuggling more.
- Finish the marriage book I am reading. More on that later.
I think that is enough for one week. Hopefully this will keep me accountable and you know I will report back next week (as my DtD Challenge post) to let you know how things went!