Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Personal Photo challenge

I love to take photos. I'm sure you're aware of this by now. I probably take several photos, if not more, just about every day. But they're mostly done with my crappy quality phone camera. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to document our daily lives, even with a crappy phone camera. But, I have been itching to take more "real" photos. I need to get my creative juices flowing.

I've decided that in order to do that, I've got to set a goal for myself. And what better way to do that than to do my own photo challenge! I need to get outside and stretch my photography skills. I want and need to do it! Every week I want to get outside and take of picture of something that is not in my house. I'm hoping this will force me to go outside of my own front yard and devote a little bit of time to my favorite hobby, the only serious one I want to have time for.

So, here are my rules:
1. All my photos must be taken outside.
2. All my photos must be taken with my Canon DSLR camera (not just my phone).
3. All my photos must be taken within that week (I can't pull one from a long time ago and say that's my photo for the week)
4. No photos of the kids. While I love love love taking pictures of them, I need to branch out. That's the whole point of this!

And here is my first one. I took the boys for a walk earlier and they L.O.V.E planes. They will literally stop whatever they're doing when we're outside if they hear a plane. They want to find it in the sky. So, we heard this one and Ezra started saying "Paaaaannneeeee!!!" and I wanted to try to catch it with my camera.

 In this case, I wish I had a zoom lens. But, at least you can tell what it is! :)
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)