Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crock pot = love

What did we, as a society, ever do without slow cookers? It's the busy (or tired) mom's best friend. I have used my crock pot plenty in the 5 years I've been married, but I use it for awhile and then forget about it for awhile. The last couple of weeks I've used it quite a bit. Every time I cook a meal in it, I re-fall in love with my crock pot all over again. I don't remember who gave that to us as a wedding gift, but they should be thanked again. So, thank you, person-who-got-us-one-of-the-best-gifts-ever.

Here are some of my new and old favorite meals I like to cook in the crock pot:

Lately I've been cooking my pork chops in the crock pot. I pour some chicken broth and seasonings in there, cook it on high for just a few hours (or low for longer) and the meat just falls apart when it's done. I like this way better than baking the pork chops in the oven, which makes the meat sort of tough and tasteless, in my opinion.

Who can deny the yumminess of beef pot roast cooked in the slow cooker? I put potatoes and carrots in with it and it is one of my favorite meals of all time.

A month or so ago, I smothered a few chicken breasts in bbq sauce in the crock pot and had chicken bbq sandwiches. I shredded the chicken and it ended up looking just like pork bbq. It was delish and sooo easy!

I'm trying a new beef stew recipe I just made up tonight, so we'll see how that goes. Instead of potatoes and carrots, I put zucchini, squash, broccoli, celery, green pepper and onion...hopefully it'll be good! It sure smells good.

There are a ton of things you can do in the crock pot...share them with me! I want to add a few new recipes to my crock pot staple. I did see a crock pot lasagna recipe on pinterest that I'd like to try soon. Any other suggestions?
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)