Friday, December 16, 2011

DtD Challenge #8 - ORNAMENT!

Just about all of the ornaments on our Christmas tree have some sort of meaning to our family. Whether they were given to us by someone on our first Christmas, or the kids first Christmas ornaments, they're all sentimental to me in some way. And every year, I get a family ornament to signify that year. Several years I have bought an ornament, and several years I have made them and put our picture in it. I think its fun to look back and see how you looked each year. Last year I meant to get a photo of us on the ornament I bought, being that it was our first Christmas as a family of four. But, it just didn't happen...and that made me sad. So, this year, when I bought our ornament, I was determined to get our picture put in it. 

So last week, I challenged myself to do just that. A whole week, I was sure I could do it. 

But, my week got away from me, and even though I tried once to figure out how I could get just 1 wallet sized photo of us, our 2011 ornament still looks like this:

Boo. This week's challenge was a fail. I still have a week before Christmas though, so hopefully I will get this done by then.

Next week: I have 2 this week, and one of them I might have to stretch over 2 weeks. The first is that I want to bake cookies with my kiddos. And the second one is that I desperately need to get my laundry room cleaned. That is a project that I have been in the middle of doing for months now. So, now I just need to do it! Ross will be off next week, so I'm hoping to get it done.
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)