Monday, October 17, 2011

I made beans, woot!


This photo looks gross, I know. And it was the only photo I took. I totally forgot to take before, during and after photos. BUT, as gross as this photo looks, what the pictures is of surely didn't taste gross. In fact, they were the best beans I'd ever had. 

I got the idea of cooking dry beans from a friend of mine. I saw them on her counter once and I was immediately intrigued. "You use dry beans, not canned?" I asked. "Yes..." she said, sounding unsure as to why I would be asking her that. "Are they hard to fix?" I asked with more enthusiasm. "Not at all," she said, sounding more at ease. Maybe she thought I thought she was crazy. However, I've only eaten from the land of canned beans, so I had no idea there was this other world of yummier beans out there.

I only just got around to cooking them last week. Boy, am I glad! Even though they are a little more high maintenance than canned beans, they are really easy to fix, and way more delicious (not to mention more healthy!) for you than canned.

Here's how you make 'em (and yes, I had to ask my mom how to make them, don't laugh at me...)
Dry Northern Beans Printable Recipe

Tomorrow I'm going to cook pinto beans! Yeah buddy! Hopefully Ross won't kick me out of bed.


♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)