Saturday, October 15, 2011

Frugal date night

We don't get to go on dates often. We should make it more of a priority, and is something we are working on, but with small children and living on 1 income, its hard. But its SO important to make your marriage a priority, and I am always so glad when we do.

So many people think you have to spend a lot of money when you go out for it to be fun. NOT TRUE. It's not really our fault, society has somehow ingrained this in us. Spend money, go somewhere nice, eat lots of expensive food, etc. If that were the case, we'd never go out!

I have been trying to think of creative ways for Ross and I to spend time together but not spend a ton on going out. The whole point is for us to spend time together, anyway, and we can do that for free! There are fun, free things to do where you live, you just have to do some thinking and planning.


Last night, we packed our dinner, and took it to the park. We had a lovely, peaceful dinner by the lake, and walked around the lake until it was too dark (and until we couldn't hold out on frozen custard any longer). We did spend money on dessert, but it was $8, and I consider myself a cheap date if 8 dollars is all we spend (which it was). Then we went to the mall for a little magazine browsing and ended up in the Halloween store trying on costume masks. (These were our favorites) We had a blast. We talked, bonded, and laughed, especially at the zombie baby display in the Halloween store. It was the best time I've had in awhile.  The other great part, other than spending time with the love of my life, was that we spent less than $10! 

Side note: I've heard of other people having date nights in, where they put the kids to bed early and get some take-out, or even just cook something to eat themselves, and have a dinner in together. I like that idea also. 

Get to planning that date night that you've been needing for weeks (maybe even months???). You' (and your spouse) will be glad you did. :)
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)