Monday, October 24, 2011

Being the church


I love this quote. I only recently learned this not too long ago myself. For many years I thought that church was the place where we went to worship, to hear the Word taught and to be with other believers. I didn't realize that we are to go out and be the church every day, as we go about our lives. Now, that makes so much more sense to me. Why should church be confined to a building? What would make that place any more special than any other place? Worship gatherings are important, but the building itself is nothing more than a building. As I think about being the church, I want to share a site that I came across recently that I really love. 


I haven't thoroughly looked at this site, but from what I've seen of it, I love it. It helps you coordinate meals to needy friends/people, and they give recipe ideas, schedule help/ideas...I think the idea is fabulous. If you need some help with getting meals to someone, consider this site. What an awesome way to be the church to someone who really needs it!

Here's the RECIPES & TIPS page.

I've been reflecting, how can I go out and be the church this week. I have to admit, I'm not very good at this. Sometimes I feel like my schedule is so consumed with my own things, that I don't have time for anyone/anything else. That's just an excuse for me to be lazy about it. I believe we were meant to be a blessing to others, and I really do want to be....so I'm going to pray and think of a way to bless someone this week. Will anyone do it with me? Will anyone go be the church and bless someone this week?

I'll end this post with a pic of Jude and I on the hayride we went on a few weekends ago. He really was happy, although he's got on his fake smile-for-a-picture face.

Love me some sun flare!







♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)