Thursday, October 13, 2011

Daily Delights on discouragement (and a pinterest plug)

Add caption
Does it happen to you? Discouragement and negativity...its like they creep in unexpectedly and all of the sudden, the wind has gone out of your sails and you don't want to do anything. I've come to a conclusion about discouragement...either you can feed it, or you can squash it.

I was feeling it last night. 

I had mopped the kitchen floor on Tuesday, a day earlier than I was supposed to (according to my chore chart, which I'll post at some point). I was feeling empowered and sort of like super woman. Never, ever had I mopped a day early. And not so far in the distant past, I probably only mopped like once a month, if it even got done at all. So, I thought yay for me! I'm on top of things today!

And then I saw the mud smudges. Not prints, but that would have made me mad also. In this case, there were mud-slide marks all over my kitchen floor, thanks to our foster dog, Luna...who, might I add, is not the brightest crayon in the box. 

I said to Ross, "what's the point of mopping ever, if the very next day it doesn't even look like I did anything???" And Ross responded with something encouraging, bless him. But all I could think of was, what's the point of doing anything around here? The laundry always gets dirty again, the dishes always need to be eaten upon and cleaned, the kids will continuously be dragging out their toys and scattering them all over the house. It seems to never end.

This is what came to mind:
"...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
Hebrews 12:1-3 (emphasis done by me)

I know he's talking about the running the race of faith here, which is most important, but it also made me think about what I've been called to do in this life at this current time, taking care of my house and family. Which translates to: making sure our floors are clean, even though they will dirty all over again. Or providing clean clothes for my children to wear, even though they will need to be cleaned again, the very next week. Or even reading the same book to the boys over and over again, even though I am extremely tired of this one baseball book that Jude loves. It's certainly not an exciting job, but it really does matter. 


The picture above is my favorite picture from running my very first half-marathon a few weeks ago. During the race, there were times I wanted to quit running. There were times I wanted to just sit down and say, forget this. What's the point of this anyway? But I kept on running to the end, which felt amazing. And I was glad I finished. That's why its so important for me to keep running my race in life, to finish it, to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, so that I will not grow weary and lose heart. Isn't that encouraging? It was for me. 

On another note, have you got on the Pinterest train yet? Oh, you should. It is quite entertaining...and obsessive. I have been more inspired to take more photos, to get started on those craft projects I've been putting off, and have found some really awesome things/recipes/ideas to try from there. (and if you care to follow my pins, you can click on the P button in my sidebar and go get to pinning yourself!)
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)