Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Menu planning

Two things have come to my attention recently. The first thing is that I'm a bad menu planner. Is anyone out there with me? I normally just go to the store, pick out some stock ingredients and meats and put something together every night based on what I bought. This brought me to the second realization, that we eat ENTIRELY too much chicken. Chicken is great, don't get me wrong. It's healthy, inexpensive, and there's a billion things you can do with it...IF you plan right, which I just confessed that I haven't been. So, that tells me a change needs to happen. I decided that I needed to be more intentional with what we're eating and only buying ingredients that we need for that week...which also might reduce the amount of food waste that we have every week. And it'll force me to look for new recipes, because we are so darn tired of eating the same stuff. It's a win-win, right? I sure hope so. 

With that being said, here is my menu plan for the week!

Thursday
Homemade chicken pot pie

Friday
I will be out of town, so I am getting something easy for Ross to fix for the boys

Saturday
Homemade pizza

Sunday 
Broccoli cheese soup, bread and spinach salad

Monday
Salmon pasta with a pesto sauce and corn salad (new recipes!)

Tuesday
PW's caveman pops (roasted turkey legs), mashed potatoes, green beans and leftover spinach salad

Wednesday
We eat dinner with our small group, so I will take something

Thursday
Chicken tacos

Want to menu plan with me, or already do so? Share your ideas with me, I'd love to hear them! 


♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

1 comment:

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)