Saturday, November 12, 2011

DtD Challenge #5 - FOOD!

I am really glad I have this blog to help me stay accountable. Even if only three of you read this, its super helpful to keep me from being lazy (mostly) and do the things I say I need to. Don't get me wrong, I'm still more lazy than I'd like to be, but it does help change some old bad habits...like procrastination, negligence, not doing certain things because I simply don't feel like it. I hope I am not the only one!

So I said last week that I wanted to cook 2 new recipes this past week, PW's Caveman Pops and this new salmon pasta pesto sauce dish. I am happy to report that I actually DID cook them both, and something even better than that is that my kids loved both dishes! Even my picky husband liked both dishes (the pops were a big hit all around). This is a huge accomplishment, and really can only be a blessing from and an act of God. So glad when things turn out better than you planned. In life, this doesn't happen too often, so I am grateful when it does. I even got a few photos for ya.

Raw turkey legs. I had to get very intimate with these legs to get that rub in there. I normally try to touch raw meat as least as humanly possible, so I just had to close my eyes, say a prayer and put my big girl panties on. 

After baking. The middle got a teeny bit over done, I was worried about it. Ross said it did not take away from the taste and in fact was delish. Hope he wasn't just being nice for my benefit...but like I said, he's usually pretty honest about everything. He knows I can take it.


Next week: I've got to get back into the schooling groove. I've gotten some ideas from a few websites, and I want to read/teach a new concept of odd and even numbers, so I need to get some materials and things together to actually start doing it. Who's with me? 

Proverbs 31:27 "She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." This is what I want to live by this week. :)
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)