Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Menu plan!

Menu plan time! This week I planned my menu around what meat was on sale at Kroger. I don't normally do that, but when chuck roast is on sale, I don't want to pass that up!

We don't eat a lot of beef, but I do love it so. Most of the time the better cuts are just too far out of our budget, so we eat a lot of the lesser expensive meats, or no meat at all. But with the chuck roast on sale, I wanted to have roast this week, yay! I was able to get 2, so I will be able to make 2 dinner meals with it...while saving over $9! (And chicken was originally on sale also, but they were sold out when I got there...bummer!)

Breakfasts will consist of oatmeal, eggs & toast, cereal; and lunches will be pb&j sandwiches, tuna, egg salad, or leftovers. And here is my dinner meal plan for the week:

Wednesday
Small group tonight, the kids and Ross will eat something easy

Thursday
Cod fish sandwiches and spinach salad (this got bumped from last week)

Friday
Crock pot roast, potatoes and carrots

Saturday
Spaghetti (with ground turkey) and homemade breadsticks

Sunday
Leftovers

Monday
Crockpot beef stew with veggies (fresh zucchini, squash, broccoli) and bread

Tuesday
Chicken and rice

Wednesday
Small group night - will take something
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)