Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tortillas and menu post

I try to make my foods at home as much as possible. I make my own bread, my own granola, my own muffins, and if I'm feeling super awesome (which is rarely ever), I will attempt to make my own jam. One thing I eat quite a bit of is tortilla wraps. But, the packaged ones are full of hydrogenated oils. I'm sure there is some packaged brand that doesn't have those things in it, but I can't see spending the moola that you have to spend to get the unprocessed stuff. So, I've been thinking about making my own tortillas at home. Has anyone done this? I'm wondering about the success rate of making them at home. It seems hard to store them, and what about making them soft? I've been thinking about doing THIS recipe, one I found on pinterest. I guess we'll see!

This is what we're eating this week:


Thursday
Burgers on the grill and fried green beans


Friday
Grilled cheeses or turkey sandwiches; we're having a Good Friday service at church, so this needs to be an easy night


Saturday
Homemade pizza as per usual


Sunday
Easter egg hunt and cookout with our friends


Monday
Chick Fil A small group dinner night (or we may eat something easy at home, depends on the budget)


Tuesday
Chicken, spinach and cheese quesadillas


Wednesday
Small group night, will take something

Happy Wednesday, friends! Hope you are having an awesomely blessed Holy Week.
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)