Thursday, March 22, 2012

A few children's books and a photography challenge post

Every night before bed, Jude wants me to read him a story. And we all know how beneficial it is to read to your children regularly. Jude will get into one certain book and want me to read it every night for a week. This is pretty typical of 4 year olds. Me, on the other hand? It takes a lot for me to like a children's book. Don't get me wrong, I love children's books, but I am hard to please when it comes to the children story variety.

There have been a few lately that have caught my attention. Jude's Nanny bought him this book (Where's Dave), and it is so cute.

I really love everything about it. The story is cute, there is a seek and find on every page, there are different textures to touch for sensory, and there's a safe tip on every page having to do with the story. Definitely get this one for your kiddos!

This is a new book (Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy) we just got from our Dolly Parton books for life deal. It's a super cute story about a girl and boy who team up to fight the (make-believe) bad guys in the playground. This book fosters and promotes great imagination play and playing/working together. Love it!


And this book:
If you want to share a heart-touching, rhyming story about sin and how big God's love is with your children, this is the book (Giant Love). Love it so much!

On another note, I haven't done my alphabet photography challenge in awhile. My last letter was B, and that's when I took pictures of the moon. Now, on to C.

C = Color

Springtime is so full of color, everything is blooming and it's just so pretty. 

Purple flowers

Yellow dandelions

Some type of pretty pink flowers

If you can get over the yuckiness of pollen and allergy season, go out and enjoy the beauty of Spring!
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)