Friday, March 9, 2012

Crazy, messy life

As I visited with a sweet friend today, our kids were running around crazy, toys were everywhere and we were talking about how our lives are messy. I think life is messy in general, but especially this time in our lives, with little ones to chase after all the time. I think us mamas always want to seem like we have it all together (I know I do at times), and people always tell me, I don't know how you have time to do all you do! But transparency is good, so I want to be honest and transparent about the ways life is messy around here for us.

  • My countertops are rarely ever clean. Sometimes they get wiped down, most times they don't. Unless I'm baking bread, I usually clean off a spot to do that. But there's always stuff on them, which is sad because I don't have a lot of counter space.
  • I don't sweep my kitchen floor or vacuum near as often as I should. My kids drag cheerios all over the place every day. But I just don't have it in me to sweep 45 times a day. I just don't, folks. 
  • Sometimes it takes me a few days to get the laundry folded and put up. I used to be notoriously bad about leaving them clean in the hamper and having to pick through them to find clean socks or whatever, but I've gotten better....sort of.
  • I don't make my kids clean up their rooms every day. I know this is terrible mothering and I should do this, but I don't. I do want to start doing this, so that counts for something, right?
And there are so many other ways in which my life is far from perfect. It's a crazy life, but its one that I love and enjoy very much.

"If you seek some special life outside of daily activities, that is like brushing aside waves to look for water."
                                                                                                                                                Wu-Chun
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)