Tuesday, March 6, 2012

B Photography challenge

Lately I've been kind of obsessed with night photography. I'm not really sure why. I think it just dawned on me all of the sudden that I always chase the light during the day because I love the sun and it's inspiring. The warmness of it makes me happy and makes me want to take photographs in it. But I never think about the light at night, the moon that makes everything look different, but just as beautiful as during the day. There's an eeriness, a peaceful beauty about the night light. And I'm not quite sure I've ever taken one photo outside after the sun has gone down. I've never been inspired to, until this week.


So, for my photography challenge this week, I wanted to try out some night photography. To see how things looked at night through my lens. I saw some pretty amazing things.

I call these shots Brightness Breaking through Blackness. The moon through the clouds is breathtaking. The clouds almost look like smoke and I was in awe as I took shot after shot. I couldn't decide which one I liked the most, they all told a different story.

And my favorite. The moon peeking out through the clouds reminded me of sunrise, how it breaks out over the horizon, but obviously the opposite. It's like the moon was wanting to be seen and known.


I've never thought much about my street at night, but it looks so different during the day.
Through the branches. I could not get my lens to focus on the branches for anything, but I still like how it turned out.
My goal is to start taking more night photos, of people, of landscape, of everything. Obviously it's a little harder to get out at night, so it will be something I work on over time.

I love being inspired. It helps fuel all other parts of my life. There are so many things that inspire me, this is just one of them. What about you? What inspires you?
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer and Copyright

All information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Whether you try any of my methods or ideas is totally up to you. I am in no way saying you should do everything the way I do, every family is different and you should find out what's best for yours. I would, however, be delighted if you tried some new things in your own lives (whether be my ideas, your own, or someone else's), and shared it with me.

Also, you may use any of the content of this blog for your own personal use, but please do not take the ideas on my blog and claim them as your own. You may link back to my site with proper credit. This is much appreciated.

Helpful Sites

The Frugal Girl (frugality, repurposing, etc)


The Pioneer Woman (recipes)


MCP Actions (photography, PS/PSE actions)


Coffeeshop Blog (photography, digital design and PS freebies)


Digital Photography School (photography)