*throw my hands up and do a little dance*
Ok, now that we have that part figured out, now we have moved onto our next big hurdle.
Sounds easy, right? Not so much. We have 5 weeks to get there and moving is not very easy when you own a house. We have gone through every option out there (that we know of), from selling, to renting, and for reasons I won't really go into, none of the conventional methods of selling or renting are going to work for us. Not to mention we have to find a place to live there and move all of our stuff. The future is still so unpredictable and overwhelming to me right now that I can only take one day at a time. I know that sounds cliche-ish, but that's all I can handle at the moment, and truthfully, I think that's all we were meant to handle.
So, here are the things we do know and are doing:
- We've scheduled a trip to Richmond in a week to try to find a place to live. I'm looking online and have already picked a few places. I hope to pick a few more before we go.
- Ross's start date for his job, so we know he at least needs to be there by Aug. 6th.
- We have packed up a lot of stuff and are packing more every day.
- We are downsizing the amount of furniture/things we have by selling or giving away.
- We are fixing what we can on our house and giving it a good clean.
Things we don't know yet:
- When exactly we will be moving.
- Where we will be living in Richmond.
- What we are going to do with our house.
- Just about everything at this point.
One good thing about all of this is it's distracting me from the fact that I'm turning 30 on Wednesday, which I'm not very excited about. I'm not quite sure why 30 is so unsettling to me, but my 20s were good, so hopefully my 30s will be even better.
Please pray for us if you think of us! Still so much is unknown at this point, so, we're having to trust God every step of the way. It's hard, and at times frustrating, but we know He's got the whole thing figured out and the peace we get from knowing that is what keeps us moving forward.